Saturday, December 24, 2011

8 weeks

Wow, eight weeks has surely flown by! I cannot believe that our sweet Stella is now eight weeks old. That means I only have two more weeks at home with her. She has grown so much in the last two weeks! She is holding her head up more every day. She does not like to spend time on her tummy unless she is laying on her daddy's chest. When I put her on the floor she just yells and squaks for someone to pick her up. She is also smiling more everyday too! Just about anyone can make her smile. I love when she smiles at Nora and I think Nora enjoys that she can now smile too. I think it makes her seem like she is acknowledging her.

Stella is sleeping pretty well too! She has given us a couple of 7-8 hour stretches at night, which is glorious! Last night was 7 1/2 hours. After she does that she falls back asleep for usually at least 3 hours. I know my friends hate me, but I had to wake her up at 9:00 the last couple of days. She is staying awake longer too. Now we are going to start working on the nap schedule and getting those down. It is going to be an adjustment in a couple of weeks when we are all getting up to get out of the house, so I know everything is going to be changing soon.


 Stella absolutely loves her bath time! We are still working the kinks out, but finally figured out how to do it without getting mommy soaked! She just smiles and looks around when she gets a bath. She likes the water really warm too. As opposed to her older sister who lately likes taking cold baths.


Sisterly love!

So I finally finished her letters! I wish they would have been done for the birthstory pictures, but oh well, what can you do. And as much as I would like to say I painted these, I did not. My neighbor shared a great idea with me! This is scrapbook paper that is cut to the letters! It did take me a little while to do, but I think it is super cute and much better than I could ever paint!

1 comment:

Suzy Zollinger said...

What a beautiful beautiful baby! I loved the baby doll next to Stella on the activity mat. Priceless!