Saturday, July 27, 2013

Beginning of July!

Goodness I haven't blogged in a long time!!! Where has the month of July gone. I will start with the beginning of July and my birthday. The first day of July I traded my car in for a brand new 2013 GMC Acadia! It is awesome. We had been thinking about a new car and finally decided to do it. We wanted more room to travel to chicago in and this baby has it.
The next day for my birthday we went to the Science Center and then out to dinner at a new mexican place, which was really yummy. They had 10 different salsas on their salsa bar which was excellent. I had a great birthday and got to celebrate with my cousin Maggie that was in town as well.

Early on the morning of July 4th myself, mom and the girls headed to Omaha to see Aunt Coco, Uncle Scott, Allison, Danny, Uncle John, Aunt Sally, Michelle, Maggie and Brian. We made really good time and arrived right around 2:30. I had started not feeling well around 1:00 and so when we got there I tried to lay down. Long story short, I ended up in the emergency room and at 9:00 that night I was having my appendix taken out. Not a fun way to spend the 4th of July. Peter had to end up flying up to Omaha to drive us all back home since I was going to be no help in the car. Needless to say I have no pictures from our trip to Omaha. I think it is the first time that I don't have anything.

I still managed to make it to the Dave Matthews Concert though, less than a week after surgery. We had 2nd row so I wasn't going to miss it. Let's say it was the most laid back concert I ever went to.




No comments: