Monday, July 14, 2014

4th of July

The 4th of July changed a bit this year last minute. We had started a new tradition last year and hope to continue it next year of having and celebrating the 4th up at Lazy Holler, but it didn't happen. I am kind of glad it didn't because I don't think I would have had the energy to camp for 4 days. I was still a bit sore, so we offered up our house for the annual Bromeier celebration. I think I still bit off more than I could chew and paid for it the next day, but it was a success. We had around 40 people at our house and played our annual washer's tournament. It is always so fun and has gotten pretty competitive in the last 7 or so years. There is even a trophy that made it's grand entrance last year at the event! This year Kurt regained his title and won with Kiki! It was absolutely hilarious. They beat my dad and Susie for the trophy. It was a great tournament. We had more food than we could eat and we even had some fireworks at the end of the night. Such a great time to spend with family!






No comments: