Thursday, January 27, 2011

My best fwiend

So Nora makes us laugh everyday...and can drive us crazy everyday.  The past two weeks she has made me laugh more and more!

The last two night my child has slept. through. the. night!!  Well with only one waking, which is huge for us!!!  She had not been sleeping through the night since Christmas.  It has been very taxing on us both and finally it is starting to go in the right direction again.  I am not sure what caused it, but think it has been a combination of things.  Whatever it was is changing.  I think part of it is that Peter had been working so much and we were never getting to see him.  Daddy is now home with us and Nora is no longer saying not nice things about daddy, but loving the time with him.  She even let him put her to bed with minimal fuss last night and they are ready to go in the mornings for Mimi's!  It is awesome with his new job and I love the help that I have been getting.  I do have a great husband!!!  Shhh...don't tell him I said that.

On to the funny things.  So all of you know we have animals in our house and our dog takes a beating everyday with Nora, hence the previous posts of her on his bed.  And we have a b@*#*h of a cat....she is not nice and anyone who has been to our house would tell you the same thing.  She spits and growls and swats at people, myself included.

To my shock yesterday Nora said, "Mommy where is my best fwiend?"

I said, "Staley is in the kitchen."

She said, "no mommy, nala, nala is my best fwiend"

I must of looked at her pretty funny because she started to giggle.  She has been pursuing the cat more and more and Nala has actually been taking it, which still baffles me.  All night long if she couldn't find Nala she would say..."best fwiend, best fwiend, where are you?"  Peter and I just laughed all night long. 

Now I think what makes it all the funnier is that she still won't get to close to Nala though.  She still keeps her distance and is very cautious, yet she calls the mean, silly cat her "best fwiend".  She even said it this morning.  We shall see!!  

No comments: