Thursday, February 24, 2011

Oh yes he did!!

So before I went to Vegas I asked Peter to make sure he did something fun with Nora while I was gone.  Since they had the whole weekend together to bond I figured it would be a good idea to do something with her he normally does not do. 

So I talked with him on Saturday after we had gone walking around and he was acting all weird and stuff.  I said what did you do today?  He said not much and went to the park and then was just being goofy.  He then said I have a surprise for you, but he would not say what it was.  He did NOT want to tell me.  Now, I do like surprises, don't get me wrong, but I just wanted to know.  So Nora got on the phone and I asked her how the park was and she didn't say anything.  Then she said..."I got a new bed".  I said, "What?!".  Peter got back on the phone and of course I asked what was she talking about and he said that she didn't get a new bed.  No, she didn't get a new bed, but she got a new BEDROOM!  Seriously, what are you talking about?

Now a few months ago Peter and I had started talking, just talking, about moving Nora to a bigger room since she has so much stuff and what not and I said I wanted to wait until summer so I could do it and what not and would have the time.

Well, he took that and ran with it.  He has had this in the works for over a month!  Not only did he switch her bedroom, he redecorated it!  Really?!  You redecorated our daughters room without me?!  That is what was going through my head.  I was so MAD!  Not only did I not know about it, Susie, Katie, Debbie Reid, and Nicole knew about it and decided to keep this HUGE secret from me.

He sent some pics on the phone so I could see what he did.  He did not transform her bed, he did paint the room and put Disney princess decals up.  It is cute, but I was so looking forward to picking things out and doing it on my timeline that I was totally thrown for a loop.  He did a lot of work and I am very appreciative of that.  I still get to do some of the details such as valances and shelves and what not, but I had no choice in picking color or theme and I think that is what got me the most.

Nora on the other hand LOVES her new room!  She just loves princess stuff and thanked Peter a ton and also thanked me when I got home.  It is cute and it is not done yet, but it will be soon enough! 


No comments: