Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Birthday to Mom and America!

We had a great weekend! Friday evening we celebrated my birthday with my mom and sisters and had a game night. Typically for a birthday we get to choose whatever type of dinner we want and go from there. This year I requested appetizers and a game night, so that is what we did! Everyone came over we ate and played games and had a great time!


Saturday morning we went out to breakfast with my dad and then took it easy until we headed to the Gateway Grizzlies game. This is baseball that is a step above college. We had a lot of fun, despite the 100 degree temperatures! Poor Nora is just like her dad and is just a sweaty little girl.  I would definately want to do this again. The food and drinks were cheap as well as the tickets! They played a good game and the announcers were hilarious. After the game they had fireworks, which Nora did not like to much. She started to cry until daddy asked her to tell him the colors and she did it. She did start to cry again during the finale, but it didn't last too long.
making faces at daddy while mommy was getting sno cones!

My birthday cupcake!

Nora loved the mascot!

At the Game!

So every 4th of July the Bromeier Gang has a big celebration and it has been happening for a very long time. This year my cousin Mindy hosted and we joined in for the festivities! It was a pretty warm day and they have a pool so of course we had to get in. A few weeks ago Nora would not get in the pool unassisted and now she won't get out. Peter and I had to take turns getting back in because we were both participating in the washers tournament. It was pretty funny because I played two whole washers game soaking wet in a maternity swimsuit. I am sure I was a sight to see! Anyway, Nora swam for almost 3 hours! I don't know how she didn't just pass out after she was done. Neither Peter nor I won the washers tournament, but Zach made it to the finals again and was beat for the 3rd year in a row by our cousin Kurt.
Great Gran and Nora

Pappy and Nora (pappy bought Nora her dress for her birthday)



Since we were in Jefferson County it was legal to shoot off fireworks. Nora was not happy about this. My cousin Jamie saved the day because she had some headphones for Nora to put on. She could still hear a little, but she was not jumping out of her chair like she had on the first few! As you can see in the picture she made me wrap my arms around her like a seat belt. I tried to move my arms and she put them right back the way they were!

The head phones worked so well that the poor baby fell asleep! I guess that is what all that swimming and playing will do to you! She was out cold!
We had a great weekend! Check back soon for Nora's visit to Chicago. She leaves this coming weekend and won't be back at home until the 16th! I am sure I will have some updating to do!

No comments: