Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Potty Training

Well today is day two of potty training and I am feeling a little more discouraged today. I do have to admit it is most likely my fault for feeling this way.

DAY ONE
I considered day one a huge success. We woke up and put on the big girl pants and started with the liquids. Nora had cereal for breakfast and then I broke out the goldfish to make her thirsty, thanks Angie! We did potty on the chair, but then went on the floor twice. I learned that I need to stick with her the entire time instead of trying to make lunch or check my email! So after nap she sat on the chair and went a little and got a sticker. She really likes the stickers so I am going with it. I braved a trip in the car with no diaper to take Jalen to a birthday party and it was a success. When we got home we sat on the potty chair every 20 minutes and low and behold success!!!! She got another sticker and she was really excited. We had dinner out of the house so the diaper went back on and while eating she went in her diaper and freaked out. She knew she wasn't supposed to be going but was confused. I can totally see why people say not to switch and how pull-ups can be harmful. She didn't go again on the potty the rest of the night, even though we tried.

DAY TWO
Woke up and she had a full diaper, but I still made her sit on the chair before eating breakfast. Yesterday it was about 2 hrs. before she really went potty so I was being very conscience of the 2 hr. mark. So right around 10:45 we sat on the potty and she did it! It wasn't much, but she did it and we picked out another sticker from our sticker book, thanks Maue family! So I decided the two of us would go downstairs so I could check my email for the morning and what do you know she went right there on the floor! She looked and said, "Mommy, pee pee!" and we raced up the stairs for the chair and it was just too late. Man, I thought I was doing good. I knew I should have brought the potty chair down with us. Live and learn I guess. It was only 15 minutes later. So we drank more liquids and ate lunch and we were sitting reading and all the sudden I felt wet. She went on the blanket on the couch, seriously! She didn't even look at me or say anything. I probably should have set the timer again, but was feeling confident. And she went a lot....I guess she wasn't uncomfortable because it wasn't running down her leg or anything.
She went down for a nap around 12:30 and didn't use the potty before nap. I am hoping she doesn't go while she is sleeping so we can have a success after naptime. We shall see!

No comments: