Wednesday, December 8, 2010

stand off

So I guess I spoke too soon when I said the potty training was going well.  Yesterday we hit a wall and I don't like it at all!  The weekend was great and Monday came around and of course I had to wake her up to go to Rebecca's and asked her to potty and she did not want to.  The last two mornings were "okay mommy" and she would run into the bathroom.  I am not sure what changed, but it has.  She had a rough day on the potty Monday and Peter was the one to pick her up since I had class and she had just had an accident and then went again in the pull-up right when they got home.  Needless to say she didn't go again for the rest of the night.
Yesterday I didn't even attempt when she woke up and waited until we got to the sitter.  She did end up going for her around 8:00 am and they decided she was going to be in charge and held it ALL day.  She still had not gone when I picked her up at 4:30....she was not going to "pee pee on the potty"!  We got home and I made her sit on it in front of the tv, offered pudding, ice cream and a movie, no potty.  We then moved to all the potty's in the house to try, no go....I finally got tired of the whining and crying and put a diaper on and she said, "I not pee pee in my diaper".  Okay, whatever Nora...about 20 minutes later she asked for a pull up, which I thought was a step in the right direction...NO!  Not 2 minutes later she went in the pull up!  Seriously child of mine! 
This morning she woke up at 6:00 am, which is very unusual for my child, because she was wet.  She stayed up and I put her princess underwear on and thanks to a good idea from a friend, on the way to the sitter we stopped and got a huge bag of M&M's.  Still not sure how I feel using candy as a reward, but I am desperate.  So, we shall see how the standoff goes today at the sitters house.  I hope she goes!!!

No comments: