Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Daphne Kathleen Wilson

She is here! Our new niece and god-daughter, Daphne Kathleen! Katie called at 4:30 am to tell me it was go time. Well my alarm typically goes off at 5:00 on Monday's because I work out, but I was too excited to sleep and my workout buddy cancelled so I laid there until my alarm went off at 5:30. I did my normal routine and after I dropped Nora off at school I headed to the hospital. I was very excited because I was not only there as her sister, but photographer as well!! So when I got there she was dialated at a 1. Her water broke at 2:10 and at 7:30 she was still at a 1. Poor thing was dealing well with the contractions and then she felt like she wanted to start cursing, and she was still a 1.5 and so the dr. recommended to get her epidural. Katie was upset about it and i totally understand why. We are a lot alike and you have such conflicting emotions and you want to try to go longer, but it really hurts and when there is meds to make it better than you take it. So she had the epidural and that is when she really started to progress! She then got to a 4 fairly quickly after that and she progressed super fast from 4-9, with in like an hour!!! It was great and then we were ready and the doctor was called! Dr. Collins is our OB/GYN, but Dr. Campbell was the one that delivered and she delivered Stella 10 months earlier. She is a great Dr! Katie did so great! Daphne came out all bright eyed and alert, weighing a whopping 5 lbs. 9 oz and was 19" long!!! She is just a petite little thing. She is so precious and her face is just perfect. I am so excited that my sister is a mom and we can share all kinds of mom things now! I love it! I didn't really cry yesterday, but have been getting teary thinking about it all today. Welcome sweet baby girl! You have a lot of people ready to love and spoil you!
Grandmas love at first sight!

Doesn't she look great for just having a baby!

Mom and Dad are instantly in love with their new baby girl!

Big cousin Nora-who by the way was very upset that Daphne wasn't name 2 Nora's after her!!!

No comments: