Saturday, August 4, 2012

Katie's Friend Shower

Katie's friend Laura and I hosted her friend shower at my house this morning. The plan was to have it outside on the patio and of course in the middle of a drought, when you think it would be okay to schedule something outside, it rains! The shower was at 10:30 am and at 3:00 this morning I heard thunder and panicked. All that was going through my mind was CRAP! where and I going to put 18 people! So we transformed our basement into a lovely party area. I wasn't sure if we could pull it off, but we did. Thank goodness no one went into the guest room downstairs because that is where I shoved everything ;)  We moved the couch and chair and set up a square folding table and a long white table and had cute centerpieces and it turned out great.


 We did a shabby chic theme and stuck with purple and pink. So we had purple and pink table cloths, I reused the diaper bassinets from the last shower and ditched the orange. The centerpieces were friend inspired and I cannot remember who told me the idea, but we used baby food jars and got colored daisies and stuck them in there. Laura added her touch with some ribbon.



This was the diaper cake from the last shower as well that I had used and I added some head bands to it for the new baby girl!


These favors were pinterest inspired! Can you believe it, me on pinterest! I wouldn't have been able to make them look that cute. I see the ideas, but Laura executed it. I think they turned out great! And I was happy that one of my stamps finally got used again!!!



We played two games. The first where you had to guess how round Katie's belly was. Most people guessed pretty big, but we were very close with the winners!!! The second game was Name that baby tune and every song title had the word baby in it. You received a point for getting the title and another point for getting the artist. It was a lot of fun!




Isn't that the cutest diaper cake you have ever seen! Katie's friend Michelle made it and it had bib's, outfits and towels in it too!




For food we had again, another pinterest inspired, fruit salad, donut holes (from the best donut place ever!), muffins and egg casseroles. Thank goodness that I had my cousin Allison around yesterday to help me. She made the casseroles and helped make the fruit salad. I just thought it turned out so cute.



She received a lot of great gifts and lots of clothes. Nessie is going to be a stylish little girl!!!

No comments: