Monday, August 20, 2012

The Color Run

On Saturday I participated in The Color Run. It was held in downtown St. Louis and it was sold out. I think I heard 15,000 people participated in the run!! I ran with 3 of my Bayless friends, Tiffany, Kelly and Stephanie. This was the first 5k that I have participated in since I was pregnant with Stella (May 2011)! That has been a long time. I have been training with Karin and we are following a couch to 5K program. It is definitely hard to get back into running when you haven't done it in so long. We have come a long way since the start of the program, but haven't completed in yet. So, my 5k came a little bit early and I was running with Stephanie and Tiffany who are training for a 1/2 marathon. So needless to say I had to pick up my pace and they did slow down a bit, but it was still really hard for me. I had a blast though. So back to the color run........it benefits Autism. Everyone wore white shirts and at every kilometer there was a stretch where they threw powder paint at you. And each kilometer was a different color. It was so cool and fun! Here are some pics from the race!

After the race...our backsides were pretty colorful!

Post race picture! Looking good and colorful!

Pre-race photo! Look how clean we are!

going through the orange color! Tiffany got a great shot of them getting me. This was at 4k.

So close to the finish!

No comments: